In the United States, insecticides are regulated by the U.S. EPA, which establishes strict standards for safety, effectiveness and product quality. SALTIDIN® was approved as a repellent active ingredient by the U.S. EPA in 2001.
Saltigo registered the 20% pump spray and 20% cream formulations in the U.S. in 2006. The formulation All Family Insect Repellent Spray (20%) is registered also in Canada (2012) and in China (2011).
PICARIDIN (SALTIDIN®) is approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Canadian Pest Management Regulatory Agency and recommended by the following institutions:
- World Health Organization (USA)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (USA)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- Consumer Organization “Stiftung Warentest“ (Germany)
- Queensland Government Queensland Health (Australia)
- Swiss Tropical Institute (Switzerland)
- Advanced Pest Solutions at the University of Edinburgh‘s Biospace Incubator facility (Scotland)